- An international business network with a global membership representing over 7 million companies of all sizes.
- A cross-industry diverse group with a common mission: advocate for open markets and private sector-led growth.
- A trusted partner to the OECD and other international institutions.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- An officially recognized business voice to the OECD with over 50 years of experience conveying business perspectives and expertise to policymakers on a broad range of global economic governance and policy issues.
- Access to high-level OECD meetings, forums, and discussions on leading matters that impact businesses globally.
- An international network of 2800+ business experts meeting regularly with OECD governments and key leadership for consultations on governance and economic policy.
- Strategic counsel on major policy decisions, peer reviews, and key OECD policy instruments.
- International advocacy through the formulation of policy positions and the engagement with government officials in OECD member and non-member economies.
- Targeted expertise through more than 30 policy groups communicating business perspectives to OECD committees, Working Parties, and governments.
- Competence: A positive influence on OECD policy initiatives through sound knowledge.
- Advocacy: Address business and industry needs at all OECD policy decision levels.
- Coordination: we are the hub for all OECD developments that could impact business.
- Thought leadership: our expert network brings comprehensive input and consensus industry perspectives on key policy matters.
OUR POLICY GROUPS:
- Our policy groups bring together business peers from the international business community, build positions on policy initiatives that OECD and member governments are addressing for international and local implementation, and connect with policymakers affecting aspects of their national and global economies.
- Our national member organizations can appoint their staff or their member/associated companies in the 28 policy groups that lead our policy engagement with OECD bodies.
- Through Business at OECD, we also offer the possibility to connect the national member organizations and their members interested in obtaining OECD data or analysis with relevant experts within the OECD.
- The national member organizations can participate as attendees and/or speakers in thematic conferences organized by OECD, Business at OECD, and our members on priority areas of interest.
- Our policy groups’ Chairs and Vice-chairs are selected by the Business at OECD Executive Board based on candidates proposed by national member organizations.
OUR NOMINATION PROCESS:
OUR FINANCING STRUCTURE:
- As an independent international business organization, our funding mainly comes from our national member organizations.
- In addition, we benefit from the contributions of national business organizations from non-OECD countries (observers), international sectoral organizations (associate expert groups), and selected companies participating in our Friends of Business at OECD initiative.