Business at OECD (BIAC) officially advises the OECD and its governments on economic policy and global governance. We are a member-based organization bringing together leading national business and employer federations from 49 OECD and partner countries and their corporate members into our work with governments.
We do our work through the organization of multiple meetings per month, the publication of papers and communication deliverables, and the hosting of events for senior business and government representatives.
We have about 30 active policy groups run by a small yet highly motivated Secretariat, making our office a fast-paced environment where multiple deadlines, concurrent meetings, and document publishing are part of our daily normal.
The Business at OECD (BIAC) Policy and Communications Internship Program is open to Master’s degree students in business, political science, communications, marketing, or in a related field. Our internship program gives interns full access to the working environment of both Business at OECD (BIAC) and the OECD. As part of our team, working directly with a senior policy and/or communications staff, interns can contribute to strengthening our strategic impact and policy work, including “translating” policy issues in the field of global economic governance into policy papers and communications deliverables to different government and business audiences.
On policy, the intern will analyze documents on a wide range of economic topics and identify their relevance for a wide range of business sectors represented in our membership. The intern will also help consolidate input from our global business constituency, and assist policy staff in business and government meetings. Excellent political tact and diplomacy will be needed to excel in this position.
On communications, the intern will provide support in the production of online, social media, and other written materials to engage our audiences, and in the organization of communications events.
What we are looking for
- Students currently enrolled in a Master’s program, in the field of business, political science, communications, marketing, or in a related field.
- We look for candidates with an understanding of business priorities.
- Strong team players, capable of working in an intercultural environment.
- Hold nationality from an OECD country.
- Excellent command of and outstanding writing skills in English—a written test will be performed.
Where and when
- The internship program usually starts in September and January/February for a duration of 4 to 6 months. Other timing options can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- The internships take place on a full-time basis in Paris.
Potential interns are required